If you have been following us since the beginning, you might realise that all of the foods that we made here were all meat related. We did make a few salads but it mostly had hams in it and the previous potato salad that we made even had crispy bacon as topping! That just shows how much we love meat. We know we know~ too much meat product is not actually good for our body, thus today we are going healthy.
We call it, avocado egg mayo sandwich! It is a healthy sandwich that perfect for earlier morning breakfast or simple lunchbox that you bring to work or for your kids to school. Sometime the missus would make and store the avocado egg mayo and the vegetable the night before, and made the sandwich in the morning for us.
It all started when the missus said avocado is good for our body and she started to make me eat it raw or with just a few squeezes of lemon juice on top. It could be just me, I find it quite disgusting to eat it raw. To make me feel better, she then mashed it up with egg and mayo and thus the avocado egg mayo was born. It is the “main character” in this sandwich and also the main source of protein.
We are using various colour of vegetable for our sandwich. Vegetables with the likes of carrot, red cabbage, tomato, and lettuce. They said human need to consume various colour of vegetables as they contain many sorts of vitamins and antioxidants that is important to our body. Besides of health factor, it makes your sandwich photogenic.
If you hope to eat healthy or just don’t know what to make for your kids to school in the rushing morning, you can try avocado egg mayo sandwich. Healthy, pack with vitamins and nutrients, but still taste good. And if you make it for your kids to school, their friends would be jealous (>_< )p
Avocado Egg Mayo Sandwich
- Aluminum foil for wrapping sandwich
- Bread knife for cutting sandwich
- 50 g Carrot
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar (or wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Sugar (season to your liking)
- Salt (season to your liking)
- Black pepper (season to your liking)
Avocado egg mayo
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Avocado
- 3 tbsp Japanese Mayo
- Few dash of Black pepper
Mayo mustard spread
- 1 tbsp Japanese mayo
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tomato
- 70 g Red cabbage
- 2 Green lettuce leafs
- 4 slices Sandwich bread
- Gather all ingredients. Rinse all the vegetables and pat them dry with clean kitchen towel.
- Start by slicing up the tomato. Pat it dry with kitchen towel and place them on tray of kitchen towel.
- Thinly shred the red cabbage.
- Break the lettuce into roughly bread size with hands.
- Now shred the carrots and marinate it with apple cider, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Let it marinates for at least an hour.
- Next prepare the bread spread by mixing mayo and mustard in a bowl. Mix it well.
- Once the spread is done, continue to make the avocado egg mayo. Start by hard boiling 2 eggs.
- When the egg is done, submerge it in water to cool it down for easy peeling. Then peel the shell.
- Peel the avocado and roughly cut them.
- Place the peeled eggs and avocado in a bowl, mash them with masher. Season with enough mayo and pepper.
- Now the fun part, assemble the sandwich. Cut a piece of aluminum foil roughly 30cm x 30cm and place it on a table top.
- Get 2 slices of bread and spread them with the spread we just prepared. Place one piece on top of the aluminum foil.
- Now top it with lettuce and follow by sliced tomato.
- Then avocado egg mayo on top of the tomato.
- Next, top it with red cabbage and marinated carrot.
- Finally, cover it with bread.
- Press the sandwich down with hand and wrap it with aluminum foil.
- Repeat step 11 to 17 for the second sandwich. and we are done.
- Cut it half with a bread knife and enjoy your avocado egg mayo sandwich~